Three members of the Lincolnwood High School basketball family were recognized by the coaches of the MSM Conference with all-conference honors for the 2019-2020 season.
Two of the three would come from the boys’ side as seniors Shawn Goebel and Sam Herman each received an all-conference nod.
Goebel, a senior from the Lancers’ co-op partner Morrisonville, was a unanimous first team pick after leading the team in scoring (11.9 points per game), assists (86) and steals (56). Goebel was also second in rebounds (141) and first in blocks (20).
Goebel was joined on the first team by fellow unanimous picks Jackson Smith of South County and Jace Tarr of Tri-City. Derrick Roberts of Calvary and Connor Hennemann of Pawnee rounded out the all-senior first team.
Herman, who didn’t play as a junior, came out with second team honors after averaging 10.1 points and 5.1 rebounds per game. He was also second in blocks (19) and was among the leaders in two-point field goal percentage at 46.9 percent.
Also on the second team were seniors Brenton Duffie of South County, Jacob Wiegand of Springfield Lutheran and Dylan Cox of Tri-City, plus Calvary junior Brennan Crowder.
Earning honorable mention accolades were Edinburg senior Will LeFever, Mt. Olive sophomore Trent Markezich, Tri-City junior Matt Martin, Calvary senior Zachary Rose and South County junior Lucas Schumacher.
On the girls’ side, Lincolnwood junior Cassie Krager was an honorable mention pick for this year’s MSM all-conference team. Krager led Lincolnwood in points scored, with just over 20 percent of her team’s points, and rebounds, at 6.8 per game. She also tied for the team lead in steals and was second in assists.
Tri-City/Sangamon Valley and South County would both have two first team picks, with seniors Ashlyn Sturdy and Allison Campbell representing the Storm and senior Malena Bixby and Elyse Copelin representing the Vipers. Emily Stoeckel of Springfield Lutheran was also a first team selection and one of four unanimous picks, along with Sturdy, Bixby and Campbell.
On the second team were Springfield Lutheran freshman Makenna Cox, South County junior Callie Hughes, Tri-City/Sangamon Valley freshman Sarah Finley, South Fork senior Mackenzie Harmon and Springfield Lutheran junior Delaney Scheidenhelm.
In addition to Krager, Tri-City/Sangamon Valley sophomore Jordan Closs and Pawnee senior Haleigh Meier also earned an honorable mention to this year’s MSM all-conference team.
2019-20 Boys Basketball
• Shawn Goebel, Sr. - Lincolnwood
• Jackson Smith, Sr. - South County
• Jace Tarr, Sr. - Tri-City
• Derrick Roberts, Sr. - Calvary
• Connor Hennemann, Sr. - Pawnee
• Brenton Duffie, Sr. - South County
• Jacob Wiegand, Sr. - Lutheran
• Sam Herman, Sr. - Lincolnwood
• Brennan Crowder, Jr. - Calvary
• Dylan Cox, Sr. - Tri-City
• Will LeFever, Sr. - Edinburg
• Trent Markezich, So. - Mt. Olive
• Matt Martin, Jr. - Tri-City
• Zachary Rose, Sr. - Calvary
• Lucas Schumacher, Jr. - South County
2019-20 Girls Basketball
• Ashlyn Sturdy, Sr. - TCSV
• Emily Stoeckel, Sr. - Lutheran
•Malena Bixby, Sr. - South County
• Allison Campbell, Sr. - TCSV
• Elyse Copelin, Sr. - South County
• Makenna Cox, Fr. - Lutheran
• Callie Hughes, Jr. - South County
• Sarah Finley, Fr. - TCSV
• Mackenzie Harmon, Sr. - South Fork
• Delaney Scheidenhelm, Jr. -
• Jordan Closs, So. - TCSV
• Haleigh Meier, Sr. - Pawnee
• Cassie Krager, Jr. - Lincolnwood